Gmina Jordanów
Gmina Jordanów

Polski :: English :: Deutsch :: Italiano
The Łętownia village Print E-mail
Zabytkowy kościół w Łętowni
Zabytkowy kościół w Łętowni
The village extended at the foot of the Beskid Wyspowy Mountain Range and the Beskid Sredni Mountain Range and is situated at 480 – 520 m above sea level in a valley of the Letówka River. The St. Apostles Symon and Jude’s Parish Church in Letownia is a valuable monument. It is wooden with the framework construction from years 1760-1765. Inside of the church we may notice a rococo polychrome, a Renaissance baptismal font and baroque organ. From this parish comes blessed friar Jan Brunon Zembol, who was beatified on 13th June 1999 by John Paul IInd in Warsaw. In the village there is also a brick chapel from XIX century with some baroque figures from XVII century.

In former courtly buildings today is located the House of Social Help (Dom Pomocy Spolecznej), where are also some holiday cabins, which may receive about 36 guests. From Letownia you may hike to surrounded hills, which are described on Trails and bicycle trails section.
Next >